Dr. Redwan Kalash
Master degree in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Ear, Nose, and Throat & Voice and Swallowing Clinic
- Ear, Nose, and Throat disorders and surgery.
- Assessment and treatment of Voice disorders.
- Care of professional voice users (Singers, Speakers, Teachers, Imams,…).
- In-office laryngeal procedures under local anesthesia (minimum invasive surgery).
- Micro-phono-surgery (Classic, Laser (.. & laryngeal surgery (Congenital disorders, Tumors, Trauma..).
ENT Department and Voice and Swallowing clinic:
Otolaryngology (ENT: Ear, Nose, and Throat)
Our ENT department is regular ENT OP office.
Most Otolaryngology related investigations and services all are available:
Audiometry, Tympanometry, Video-nystagmography, nasal endoscopy, and ear microscope.
In ENT department we are managing most ear, nose, throat, and head and neck disorders (tonsillitis, nasal obstruction, sinusitis, ear and hearing diseases, allergy…); and we’re doing all basic related surgical procedures such as:
Adenoidectomy, Tonsillectomy, Septoplasty, insertion of Grommet, Excision of neck masses and tumors…
Voice and Swallowing Clinic (Voice Lab.):
We are proud in Nice Care Medical Center to have a state of art Voice Clinic, which is highly qualified in the field of Laryngology (Voice & Swallowing disorders).
- It is run by Dr. Redwan Kalash and assistant team. Dr. Redwan has around 10 years of experience in management of voice and swallowing diseases in tertiary centers.
- Voice Clinic is a pioneer in the field in Dubai and UAE and Gulf area.
Our main concern in Voice clinic is management of voice disorders such as (hoarseness of voice, throat pain, voice box tumors and cancer, change of voice..). Swallowing diseases are also of our interest (dysphagia, painful swallowing, and chocking)
We are offering specific services rarely to be available in most health care providers. Such as:
- HD video laryngoscopy, including early detection of cancer in throat and voice box.
- Stroboscopy: A specific type of endoscopy important in detecting some vocal cords diseases which could not diagnosed by regular endoscopy.
- FEED (FEES): a procedure to evaluate swallowing problems, especially throat dysphagia and chocking (aspiration of foods).
- Our clinic is qualified to do surgical procedures on vocal cords and throat in the office under local anesthesia, avoiding the risk of general anesthesia and the stress and cost of hospital admission.
Here you are a list of some of these procedure which could done as outpatient services:
- Vocal cords augmentation (filler injection into vocal cords) to treat vocal cord paralysis and immobility.
- Chemodenervation of laryngeal muscles (EMG guided); i.e.: Botulism injection into vocal cord muscles (to treat some neurological disorders affecting vocal cords like spasmodic dysphonia).
- Throat and voice box biopsy.
- Removal of foreign bodies from throat (fish bone, bone, pin,..)
- Excision of some kinds of vocal cords lesions (polyp, warts,..)
- And much more surgical procedures.
All these procedures could achieved while patient is awake and he/she can go home within 1-2 hours safely.
All of this is possible because: First: our ENT doctor has remarkable experience in treating voice and swallowing disorders. Second: We have up to date technology in this specific field including these instruments and devices form best international brands (Xion, A.R.C.. Germany).
- HD chip on tip flexible laryngoscope (with PIET light system).
- Normal and Singing Voice analysis
- Diode Laser.
- Laryngeal EMG (Electro-myo-graphy).
- With all necessary accessories and documentation software.
You care of your voice?
.. We take care of it.